Friday, May 16, 2014

Aaron Hernandez (EE-1)

Aaron Hernandez was a former NFL and NCAA football player who had been indicted for two more deaths. Aaron Hernandez had played for the Florida Gators during college and then in his NFL career he played for the New England Patriots. Hernandez had ambushed and shot two men near a night club in Boston Massachusetts. He shot and killed the two men while they were sitting in their car waiting at a red light on a July night in a Boston south end neighborhood. This killing occurred back in 2012. Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado were the two men that were killed that night. After a couple weeks of the shootings Hernandez was picked up by the New England Patriots worth 40 million dollars. He went on to play a total of 12 games in that season. ESPN had stated that Aaron Hernandez is already awaiting trial in the June 2013 shooting death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd near Hernandez's North Attleborough home and is being held without bail after pleading not guilty to murder in Lloyd's death. "Under our system of justice, Aaron Hernandez is innocent of these charges, and he looks forward to his day in court," said his lawyers according to ESPN. Hernandez was charged with two counts of first degree murder and three accounts of armed assault with intent to murder and unlawful possession of the gun used in the murder. Hernandez was cut by the Patriots just hours after his arrest in the Lloyd case. Reports say Aarons Hernandez's coach Bill Belichick later said he was "shocked and disappointed" upon learning of the criminal investigation. ESPN also stated that families of the victims have filed civil lawsuits in February against Hernandez seeking $6 million for the wrongful deaths of the two men. Hernandez's life will never be the same due to these killings.

No comments:

Post a Comment